Saturday, December 3, 2011

The War Has Begun

It has been an awkward few days for me and my Desdemona. To start it all off, I have promoted Michael Cassio to a lieutenant. He seems to be a perfect fit because of his knowledge in math. That evening, Iago comes and warns me that Desdemona's father Brabantio, and his men have come to divorce Desdemona and myself. I stand my ground, but realize that it is Cassio and some officers. They alert me that the Duke of Venice wants to speak to me about Cyprus. Just then, Brabantio, Roderigo and his men come to arrest me. Brabantio wants to settle this argument with the Duke. When we arrive at the Duke's house, Brabantio says to stop the military meeting so they can discuss his problems. He goes on to tell the Duke that I have stolen his daughter with magic spells. The Duke gives me a chance to tell my side of the story. I tell everyone that I did not use spells or tricks to get Desdemona, it was meerly my stories and tales. I told Brabantio my many war stories and Desdemona was listening in. She fell in love with me as soon as she heard these stories. My loving Desdemona comes in and agrees with what I have said. Then, the Duke alerts me that I must go to Cyprus to fight off the Turks. In my leaving, I left Desdemona with Iago. I trust that he will be good to her. Now I must go, it is time to fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment